Lancia Beta Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:41:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home Help Contact Admin Search Calendar   Gallery   Articles Login Register  

Search  

S1 Coupe 1800 S2 Coupe 2000
Description: The S2 Coupe is a 1982 2000 in Rosso Nearco. I it bought in 1992 as an every day car and used for about three years until the head gasket went, it did quite a lot of damage to the head and so decided to have the engine rebuilt, this was done by Guy Croft who also fitted high compression pistons and gas flowed the head (and repaired it).  Then we refitted it with with a Volumex gearbox and 4 into 2 int 1 exhaust manifold. Its incredibly torquey a lot quicker and a bit more economical as well.
The S1 Coupe is an 1800 in Rosso York. I'd been on the look out for an 1800 for a while as I'd heard that its 1756cc engine was a kind of goldilocks revs and power, spotted this one in an advert in a paper at a Hotel we were staying at in Rovigo in 2012, and really only looked at it was near by, as so many of these cars are never as good as the adverts would have you believe! It was the most original Beta I think I'd ever seen, there was just no rust anywhere and  and the interior was beautiful ( if you like gold velour! ) just had to buy it. We had an eventful drive back, a gearlinkage bush disintegrated which we cobbled back together with a cable tie, the indicator lever fell off "You've been turning left for the last 60 miles!" (there was a spare one in the boot) and the exhaust that was perfect when first driven just disintegrated. This was all fixed when we got it back, it also had four new shock absorbers, a gas conversion removed, unblocked heater matrix, a leaking carb pump filed flat etc. The car is light and direct and the engine is a lovely mix of power and revs.    
Picture Stats:
Views: 798
Filesize: 103.99kB
Height: 600 Width: 800
Keywords: Rosso Nearco and Rosso York 
Posted by: nigel knight at September 19, 2016, 11:02:43 AM

Comments
Momotombeta
November 22, 2018, 02:45:51 PM
Simply beautifull, for my coupe i'm planning to pain it in the original rosso Nearco.

Return to Gallery