Lancia Beta Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:39:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad timing of the week  (Read 2410 times)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: May 23, 2012, 09:31:16 PM »

My heater valve has got stuck on hot! Even moving the arm on the valve by hand it won't go cold  Sad

I've clamped the heater hose flat for the time being. With luck it'll hold out for a few hundred miles.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »

Glad its not just me Stuart, my red coupe had the big end bearings changed on Monday - only for wrong ones to be sent and then replacements arrived by courier the car spent 2 days stranded up on the ramp!

The day was saved by Keith at Auto-Integrale and I picked up the car this evening and everything is tickety-boo.

Lovely drive home though... windows down, rear windows open, sunroof open and a gentle cruise along the country roads - the sheer joy of driving a Beta  Grin
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:13:37 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »

Your not alone, my dads HPE is being run daily for reliability issues, having still an issue with stalling/not idleing. 2 days without fault now, so there's hope, and mine is having a re-test for the mot tomorrow! Cheesy

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
VXdeMayo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »

And my HPE VX is Still having "tuning issues".
Ignition system now hopefully OK and confident. We are now looking at the fuel line kit downwind of the carb. (3 x regulators/one way valve etc)! All other carb support systems checked and replaced. (ie the Hot running kit).
We have no spare ones to swop in and out to isolate this potential problem area, so at the moment after all our efforts for months we might stumble at the final hurdle! Car still with mechanic scratching his head for the third day this week!

Can we bypass those regulators for the weekend if it restores the good running or will other issues happen?

Contacted "Milleman" last night, he will do his best to bring the spares we require on saturday, in spite of HIS Spider going for it's MOT Today. (Star Man).
Hours to go, gutted.
Might have to roll up in our Alfa GT Cloverleaf instead. Feel like a distant cousin who will shuffle about on the sidelines, whilst the real "Beta fun" will be enjoyed by others.
Still hoping against hope "Lulu" will be coming.
Best of luck you guys  SadRoll Eyes
Chas,
(VXdeMAYO).

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
VXdeMayo

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

Dear wise men,
LATEST NEWS, my mechanic has just phoned me saying the "impossible is happening", when he puts his fingers/hand over the Weber VX carb venturis, (thus strangling the air supply into the engine), ..............It speeds UP!
He is now investigating if air is getting in where it should not.
Any suggestions would be very welcome as I am beginning to lose it!
Best,
Chas,
(VXdeMAYO).

WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »

Chas

I have set up several VX cars with a Facet SilverTop Competion Pump and a Filter King set at 3PSI with no return, no y piece and they have run beautifully. You have an FI pump (same as IE) on a carb car from the factory and most of that gubbins of electro valves and diverters is to deal with that situation. Pass this along to your mechanic he might just have a Facet pump within reach if not Fuel System Enterprises stock and supply them and most Motorsport people like Merlin, Europe and Demon Tweeks have them on the shelf along with the Filter King.

I hope this helps

Eric   
VXdeMayo

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »

Thanks for that. I hope to see you there this weekend, but we will be slumming it in the Alfa instead. Disappointed.

I want to get some advice from you regarding the DCNF 40,i.e or 130TC inlet cam, with 21T pulley on the VX SC settup. I already have a good CSC stainless exhaust system and DCNF 40 here so when I get a good "standard car set up" running I will plan for this upgrade path in the near future. Any advice will be very welcome!
Best,
Chas,
(VXdeMAYO).

VXdeMayo

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »

Hello guys,
great weekend at Norwich, and good to put so many faces to names etc.
Firstly, Eric you were most helpful on the subject of uprating the VX engine as I wished with a DCNF and i.e inlet cam, CSC stainless exhaust and lastly a 21T pulley which I think would be good. I said at the time that I would remember the mods you pointed out, but you've guessed it.... I havent!
Could you please when you have a moment put finger to keyboard and post a list of what you recommended to me, improvements wise. (I am sure it will be of great use to others as well).

Also does anyone have a Volumex wiring diagram so I can chase this gremlin I have with "Lulu".

That would be a great help.
Chas and Anne,
(VXdeMAYO). Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: