Lancia Beta Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:59:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all.....new boy!  (Read 3056 times)
hongkongphooey

« on: January 13, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »

Well,i thought i'd better introduce myself as i've now been mentioned in another thread!

I bought my first Lancia,a spyder back in November with the idea of giving it a quick tidy up,paint,wheels and then running around in it. Well it turned out a littler rougher than i'd hoped,so the weld-a-thon has started. I'll start a thread on it later. I'm normally into old japanese cars and i was just about to buy another Celica,but SWMBO saw me looking at the Spyder and loved it,and as i used to eye them up way back when i first started driving i thought i'd give it a try. It's been about on the scene,so some of you may recognise it.There can't be many about with 3 spokes!!

I also own a '72 Toyota Corona and a '75 Toyota Celica

I'll probably start picking your collective brains before long!

Si

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:43:22 AM by hongkongphooey » Logged
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:36:53 PM »

Welcome to the world of Beta's Smiley
Glad you've put a post up, some great and interesting repairs u've done on it so far, i'm sure you will inspire us all. Start a thread in the members cars section, and i'm sure your get quite a few comments on your work Wink
If it turns out half as well as your other two cars, it'll be a bit of a stunner.  Cool
Marcus.

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
hongkongphooey

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:44:16 AM »

Thanks Marcus.....it usually take a while for me to do build threads. It feels too much like homework!!  Cheesy
Pete

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »

Welcome. I read your thread on Retro Rides and was very impressed by the work and progress you've made. Would you be able to transfer it over to this site?

Pete
hongkongphooey

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »

Hi Pete....thanks for the compliment.

Yeah,i should think that's what i'll do,then update them simultaneously.
hongkongphooey

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »

Wow....what a welcome!

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »

Welcome to the forum Si,

Like the Betas themselves there are not a huge amount of out here.  But those that are on here regularly are pretty much die hards and will able to assist you with knowledge and possibly parts.  It looks like you've got good experience of restoring older cars, so thats going to stand you in good stead.

I've been through the process of restoring my Coupe over the course of my 19 year ownership, hopefully your car wont have to have such major work as mine!!

Your car looks in good condition, I like the colour very much but wheels are not my taste - but then taste is a very personal thing.  Are you planning on bringing the car to any of the Italian car events?

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
hongkongphooey

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »

Hi Matt....thanks for the reply  Grin

I didn't know if you guys were not very talkative,not really into posting or just didn't like new guys! Cheesy

I'm purely a self taught diy restorer trying to learn as i go,hense some of my work isn't up to the standard i'd like,but 60% of the enjoyment of owning a classic for me, is working on them,so i like to do everything myself if possible.

As for the condition of the car....have you seen my build thread? The pictures make it look better than it is!

It's a shame you don't like the wheels.....i was hoping to sell tham to someone!! Grin

I do enjoy coming to shows and having a look at what else folk are lovingly looking after,so yes,i'm going to try to attend some meets.

Si
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »

I've seen worse....and as to the quality of the workmanship it isn't concours but it's pretty damn good and as mentioned before we're not quite as anal as some owners clubs.

I'm not sure you'll get too many takers for the wheels on here but they should fit a lot of other Fiats and Lancias so you might get lucky on eBay

Stuart

PS I don't agree with Matt on the colour.....
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »

Si,

I'm a fan of "original"  but I have seen a couple of Spiders lately in more modern colours and I like em!

Yours I like and saw another painted in the metallic light blue (from modern BMW Mini), it had polished Thema wheels on it and that looked very smart.

With different wheels on it I think yours would look even better.... they make it look a bit "USA lo-rider" !!   Grin

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
hongkongphooey

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »

I've decided on plain red for the colour,i really can't get on with maroon/burgandy style reds.

I'm not sure you'd particularly like the plans i have for the wheels though  Grin

Cheers for the props Stuart, i guess it's easy to be critical of your own work.....i reckon someone over on retro rides will go for the wheels. They'd fit 4 x 100 with wobble bolts,so that's vw/renault/some mazda,bmw and toyota etc.If not,they'd make funky hose and airline reels  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: