Lancia Beta Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:33:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: part number information  (Read 3143 times)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: July 14, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »

there is a new section 'Part Number Requests' not fully functioning yet but should soon be up and running, I have volunteered to delve into my parts books and microfiche so if anyone wants to identify a part or find out a part number for a specific item this is where to ask. I have fiche for all the front drive Beta models sold on this side of the water plus Gamma, Montecarlo and Scorpion however I would qualify that with the comment that what I know about Gamma and Montecarlo/Scorpion you could write on the back of a postage stamp. I do have a small amount of fiche for North American Market Betas as well but nowhere near a complete set. If I find time I will also try to share pattern part numbers that I know to fit. 

Alan
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:32:54 PM »

Hi Alan

I also bought a CD which is a copy of the original parts books/fiches + some other stuff from memory, cannot remember who from, but would it be appropriate/useful to have on the site as a downloadable file(s) (PDF)?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

Alan

That is a great service to offer, thank you. How come you are a newbie now? Are you still working on the VX?

Cheers

Eric
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »

Hi Alan

I also bought a CD which is a copy of the original parts books/fiches + some other stuff from memory, cannot remember who from, but would it be appropriate/useful to have on the site as a downloadable file(s) (PDF)?

Peter

you'd have to ask Tony about that but I think it might have bandwidth issues as I know they try to run the site as economically as possible. Not sure how complete that stuff is not seen a copy myself but I don't think it includes copies of any of the late series microfiche
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »

Alan

That is a great service to offer, thank you. How come you are a newbie now? Are you still working on the VX?

Cheers

Eric

hope I don't live to regret it hopefully there will not be too many requests, I still have the VX but time and funds haven't allowed much in the way of activity on it. 
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »

Hi Alan

Peter

you'd have to ask Tony about that but I think it might have bandwidth issues as I know they try to run the site as economically as possible. Not sure how complete that stuff is not seen a copy myself but I don't think it includes copies of any of the late series microfiche

Simple solution to that is hosting it on A N Other site and having a link to it in a download section or similar. That way it is just the page lookup for the bandwidth and not the whole doc. I will lookup the dates on it and list it here, suspect you are correct in that it is probably up to around 1980 ish, which for my 1976 car was never an issue.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 12:39:58 PM »

Alan,

Great idea this P/N service... I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who will use this...

As for the bandwidth side of things, let me know the size of the data and I'll look into the options.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 08:15:16 AM »

other problem with the pdfs is that I think Lucas Geheniau (?) originated these and I wouldn't want to cause any upset with him by posting them on the forum without his agreement.   
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »

I doubt there are copyright issues on that front Alan, plus Fiat/Lancia would ultimately hold the copyright for that data - and any revenue lost would be miniscule... I doubt their lawyers would even raise an eye for that.  The car has long since been out of production and only a handful survive by comparison to recent models.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »

other problem with the pdfs is that I think Lucas Geheniau (?) originated these and I wouldn't want to cause any upset with him by posting them on the forum without his agreement.   

Cannot remember who I bought them from, but was from Holland from memory. If you (as a forum, not sure how that is achieved) decide it is appropriate to setup a link, I will get it done.

As you say the copyright on the docs is with Lancia, but also I agree after all this time they will not be available to buy and can only see the official Lancia stance being interested in helping those who have an old product.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »

Not too worried about fiat Lancia although I doubt that they have any interest in supporting old cars as you say they probably  wouldn't be bothered. Need to get the ball rolling first then we can have a look at it. Will get on with things as soon as the section has a facility to post
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:12:02 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: