Lancia Beta Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:22:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QH products on e-bay. What's going on or am I missing something?  (Read 2119 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: September 16, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »

Just looking at new listings this morning and there is a range of Quinten Hazell replacement parts for the Beta range listed at prices that defy description.
For instance, Tie rod end at €328, T-belt kit €858, front wheel bearing at only €442 or an electric fuel pump for €2,444.
There's also a starter motor for €1200+ and assorted other logic-defying offers.
I just had to post this because it makes no sense at all.
UK seller too and even the Italian "bargains" pale by comparison.
It reminds me of someone agreeing to sell their car to appease a nagging wife but pricing it at ten times the true value and saying "Look I tried, but no one's interested"
I can't imagine it's someone just taking a chance, but can anyone hazzard a guess at what it's really about?

Rust never sleeps
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »

I think this has been discussed before - something to do with keeping the listing position on eBay when you don't have the parts available. Rather than withdraw it and re-list it just put the price up to something stupid so no one will try to buy it.

Either that or it's based on the one born every minute principle.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:47:48 PM »

Yes, this a repeat of something I posted on earlier this year. Same seller (Redline Car parts). My particular favourite is the Cam belt tensioner for £640.33, two of them then please!

Stuart's explanation is probably right. Last year I offered another seller £75 for a rear caliper they had on at £190. They weren't interested.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:25:20 PM by Neil-yaj396 » Logged
droptop

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »

There are strange happenings on there indeed.
A pair of spyder tail lamps were withdrawn when the bidding didn't approach the astronomical "Buy it now" price and the other day, I sold a series 2 ashtray for €31 but could omly get €10 for a perfect coupe tail light and no bids at all for perfect HPE tail lights.
Now that you mention it, I kinda remember your post about those parts earlier this year but my memory is FUBAR!

Rust never sleeps
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »

for some reason there seems to be no demand for hpe taillights i actually ended up putting a pair in the bin not so long ago as i need the space along with some trevi  indicator lenses that i couldn't even give away at the time. i find it hard to bin stuff but reality has to set in at some point.
droptop

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »

I've accumlated a vast and diverse amount of parts for a variety of cars and I hate throwing them away but I end up with the unwanted stuff on shelves and the good stuf is piled on the floor so I'll have to get ruthless.
I recently posted a load of BMW e30 parts free to collect and the only response I got was someone advising me to advertise them for sale!
As I type this, I'm having some thoughts about a use for the HPE tail lamps which may come to nothing, but I'll save them for now anyway.

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: